Beat the winter blues with our workout tips
Trust us, we completely understand that when the winter months draw in and it starts to get dark before you leave work, your motivation to exercise becomes low.
However, as tempting as it is to hide away and snuggle up under the blanket, it is still important to keep active and reap all the benefits of exercise. Plus, there are numerous Christmas parties that we want to look our best for!
We’ve come up with the following tips to keep yourself moving, have fun and not let the cold bother you too much:
1. Try out a new fitness class at your gym. Why not mix it up, and try out a brand new fitness class? There are now plenty of options at gyms, so why not discover your inner ballerina and try out a barre class? Or channel Anthony Joshua, and test out a boxercise class? You might just enjoy it and make it your new workout of choice.
2. Ice skating. If you live near London, why not head for a fun day out with friends and family to one of the many pop-up ice rinks. We recommend the ice rink at the Natural History Museum that opened last week! Ice skating is not only fun, but it helps you to work on your balance and co-ordination.
3. If you really can’t face heading outside, why not create your own indoor gym? Good quality kettlebells, weights, yoga mats and resistance bands can be found very easily both online and in large retailers, and there are a whole multitude of free workouts available on the internet.
4. Go swimming. Swimming is a great form exercise that works the entire body, plus it is an excellent mood buster.This one may sound like a slight cop-out… but Christmas shopping! Walking around and being on your feet is an excellent (and free) way to burn calories and take part in aerobic exercise.
5. Head outdoors for a run and enjoy the beauty of the Autumn. Make sure you are prepared for the colder weather and adjust your kit accordingly – for example, our Rise Midlayer will provide you with a warm insulating base layer. As it is darker in the evening, we do have to remind you to be careful and wear reflective clothing. If you would prefer to run with others, why not join a running group? You can find several running groups in your local area with England Athletics RunTogether groups, find your nearest one here: www. RunTogether.co.uk.
Need some more inspiration? Look no further than our winter activewear!