Our Founder and CEO Anabel recently celebrated her birthday, and everyone knows that no birthday is truly complete without an amazing cake!
Anabel’s daughter and Boudavida co-founder, Gaby made her this wonderful, classic almond cake inspired by Madeleine Shaw, adding her own twist by swapping strawberries for blueberries. The cake was so delicious that Gaby has made it again since Anabel’s birthday, and the rest of the team here at Boudavida have been pestering her for the recipe. What’s more it’s super simple to make and refined sugar, gluten and dairy free!
- 170g (5¾ oz) butter or coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 300g (11oz) ground almonds (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170g (5¾ oz) coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 300g (11oz) blueberries, whole
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas mark 3.
- Generously grease a 23cm (9in) cake tin with butter or coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Mix the ground almonds or gluten-free flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Put the butter or coconut oil, coconut sugar or honey and vanilla into the food processor and blitz until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing to incorporate, then slowly add the flour.
- Transfer the cake mix to a bowl and fold in the blueberries; stir well together.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes.
We’d love to see you re-create this recipe at home and send us photos of your fabulous creations. Simply tag us @boudavida.